Call for Participation to All DPS Arts Students
Let’s welcome Vochol® to Denver by showcasing the ingenuity of DPS arts students!
The concept of Vochol® – Huichol Art on Wheels was developed by personnel at the Museo de Arte Popular. This was after they saw a series of other cars with the same concept, yet different materials.
Vochol® is the Culmination of:
9,408 hours – 2000,000 glass seed beads – 35 lbs of special resin, fabric, pain, and yarn
– the Creative inspiration of two Wixarika (Huichol) families from West Central Mexico.
Vochol® will be on display at the Denver International Airport from June – August, 2012
DPS Student artwork will also be displayed during this time at D.I.A.
Student field trip, Unveiling Ceremony to D.I.A., tentative dates are May 22 or 23 (buses provided)
|Mtro. Francisco Bautista working on the Vochol®|
- Connected to the theme (but not replicate) VOCHOL® – Artistic Idea as the Vehicle
- Student collaboration, expanded use of the imagination, unique ideas
- Creative surface for your canvas and material choice – No Flat Surfaces
- Can be connected to Mythology, History, Cultural, or Create your own story
- All arts disciplines are encouraged to participate
- Material fees are available if needed – let me know
- Student artwork will be displayed at D.I.A. during the VOCHOL® exhibit
- Submitted work completed by May 15 / images of work submitted to Arts Dept.
- Student field trip Unveiling Ceremony to D.I.A., tentative dates are May 22 or 23 (buses provided)
- RSVP to Capucinefirstname.lastname@example.org and for additional information.
Photos Alex Piedra Buena